Take your seat on town council

FANCY making a difference to your town?

A vacancy has arisen on Market Rasen Town Council and the local authority is looking for people to apply for the post.

Any person wishing to serve as a councillor should write to the town clerk giving details of interests, experience and reasons for wishing to serve.

The clerk can be contacted at Old Police Station, Market Rasen, LN8 3BH.

To qualify, a person must be a British subject or citizen of the Irish Republic, over 18 years of age and an elector, must reside within Market Rasen, or within three miles of it, or occupy as owner or tenant any land or premises therein, or have their principal or only place of work there, and must not be disqualified from holding office as a councillor (details from the clerk).