Here is a list of ULHT’s preferred ‘Clinical Options’ for emergency care and women and children’s services which is set to go to public consultation with Lincolnshire Health and Care’s full document later this year.
○ Option 1: do nothing at all
○ Option 2:: One specialist emergency centre and one consolidated inpatient Women and Children’s Service located at Pilgrim Hospital.
○ Option 3: One specialist emergency centre and one consolidaed inpatient Women and Children’s Service located at Lincoln.
○ Option 4: One specialist emergency centre at Pilgrim Hospital and Women and Children’s at both hospitals.
○ Option 5: One specialist emergency centre at Lincoln and Women and Children’s at both hospitals.
There would also be a ‘bespoke model of emergency care at Grantham Hospital’ and ULHT director of operations Tina White said both hopsitals would retain their emergency care centres but they would be ‘augmented’.
An Urgent Care Centre would also be placed at the front door of each hospital to ‘stream patients accordingly in relation to their care needs’.