Field fire cause was accidental

SEVERE damage was caused to 50 acres of linseed last week on land at Lissington.

Firecrews were called to a combine reported to be on fire in the field last Monday, August 13, just after 11.15am.

Three fire crews – one from Market Rasen and two from 
Lincoln North – were on the scene for almost two hours to get the fire under control, 
finishing at 1.05pm.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue told the Rasen Mail the fire was accidental – 
being caused by sparks from stones igniting the linseed.

Nobody was injured in the incident.