Electric fault causes kitchen fire

Share this article

A KITCHEN and its contents were severely damaged in a fire at Caistor on Monday evening.

Appliances were called to Eileen’s massage therapy in Market Place at 6.30pm.

Smoke alarms had been fitted and these were activated.

The fire was caused by a short circuit on an electric fan heater and there was also severe smoke damage.

“If anyone is using additional heating such as fan heaters that have been out of use since last year, we recommend they be tested thoroughly and that extra care is taken,” said a spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.