Latest news from Lincolnshire’s Magistrates Courts
Paul Glynn, 37, of Selbourn Street, Eastwood, Rotherham, has pleaded guilty to nine charges under the Trademarks Act in relation to incidents in Hemswell, Lincoln Magistrates’ Court heard on February 25.
The court was told how Glynn admitted two counts of distributing goods bearing a false trade mark, on September 28 in 2014.
This involved a ‘Ministry of Sound Marbella Sessions 2014’ CD which bore a sign likely to be mistaken for trade mark Ministry of Sound.
And a ‘Now That’s What I Call Running 2014’ CD which bore a sign likely to be mistaken for trade mark ‘Now Thats What I Call Running 2014’, the court was told.
Glynn admitted four counts of possessing goods with a false trade mark for sale, on October 5, 2014.
The court was told how these charges relate to a CD entitled The Noughties, which bore a false Sony Music trade mark, a CD entitled The Ministry of Sound Marbella Sessions 2014, which bore a false Ministry of Sound trade mark, a DVD entitled ‘X-Men Days of Future Past’, which bore a false 20th Century Fox trade mark and a DVD entitled ‘Hercules’, which bore a false Paramount trade mark.
And Glynn admitted four counts of possessing goods with a false trade mark for sale, on March 15, last year.
This relates to a DVD entitled ‘Taken 3’, which bore a false 20th Century Fox trade mark, a DVD entitled ‘Big Hero 6’, which bore a false Disney trade mark and a DVD entitled The Hobbit, which bore a false Warner Bros trade mark.
Glynn has been given unconditional bail and will be sentenced later this month.
Abraham Price, 25, of Mill Lane, Brigg, has been
handed a suspended prison sentence after he pleaded guilty to two charges under the Sexual Offences Act, Scunthorpe Magistrates’ Court heard on February 25.
The court was told how Price admitted a charge of exposure in relation to an incident that happened in Scunthorpe on December 12, last year.
For this charge he was given a three month prison sentence, suspended for 24 months.
He must also take part in an accredited programme for 40 days and attend appointments with a responsible officer, to be completed in 36 months.
The court heard how Price was given a ‘notification requirement’ to register with the police, namely Scunthorpe Police Station for sevenyears from February 25.
And he was ordered to pay £85 costs to the Crown Prosecution Service and an £80 victim surcharge.
The second offence, also an incident of exposure, happened in Scunthorpe on December 19, last year, the court was told.
For this charge, Price was handed a three months prison sentence, suspended for 24 months.
This sentence will run consecutively to sentence for the first count, which means Price’s overall sentence is six months in prison, suspended for 24 months, the court was told.
Cain Barratt, 20, of Park View, South View Avenue, Brigg, has been charged with failing to comply with the requirements of a community order, Scunthorpe Magistrates’ Court was told on March 2.
The court heard how Mr Barratt allegedly failed to attend appointments, as instructed, on January 22, 2016 and February 11, 2016 and allegedly failed to provide evidence for the failure within a specified time.
Mr Barratt has not yet entered a plea.
The case has been adjourned until March 30 at the request of the prosecution.
Ruben Moses, 45, of King Street, Market Rasen, has been accused of failed to comply with the requirements of post-custodial supervision - a charge under the Criminal Justice Act, Lincoln Magistrates’ Court heard on March 7.
The court was told how Mr Moses is accused of failing without reasonable excuse to comply with the supervision requirements imposed following release from imprisonment in that he allegedly: failed to attend supervision appointments on February 4, February 11 and February 16, failed to provide an acceptable explanation within seven days and failed to maintain contact with his offender manager.
Mr Moses has not yet entered a plea and the case has been adjourned until later this month.
A farming firm, accused of one count of breaching health and safety rules, has had a court hearing postponed.
JE Dale Farmers Ltd, in Howsham, had been due to appear at Grimsby Crown Court on Friday, March 4 but the case has been moved to Hull Crown Court on Thursday, March 17.
The firm is accused of failing to have in place an adequate system of transportation of the seed drill in relation to safety. It is alleged the firm failed to ensure the equipment used in the transportation of the drill was adequate in relation to preventing the wings of the seed drill from dropping during transportation, and failed to ensure that employees were adequately instructed and trained in relation to the safe transportation of the seed drill, including ensuring the adequacy of strapping or other fixing to ensure that the wings of the seed drill did not drop into an unsafe position during transportation.
No plea has been entered.