Independent survey for sports build

0
Have your say

CONCERNS that Caistor Sports Club’s new pavilion is not being completed to the standard expected were again raised at last week’s meeting of Caistor Town Council.

As reported in the Rasen Mail, councillors have already expressed concerns over contractors changing the original plans in key areas like disabled access.

Last Thursday Coun Jo Hodgson raised fears over the length of time the project is taking to complete and that the building is already being used by Caistor’s sportsmen while building work continues.

She said: “My main concern is it is being used and it is not even finished, which contravenes a major health and safety rule.”

Councillors resolved to get an independent planning survey conducted on the building to ensure it is up to scratch before adopting the new sports pavilion.

Members were also warned that there had been a spate of burglaries from homes in Southdale, Nettleton Road and Navigation Lane during July and August.

Residents are asked to be vigilant between the hours of 7pm and 9am and report any suspicious activity to the police on 0300 111 0300.

County Councillor Tony Turner informed the council that a scheme to rectify parking problems outside the news Arts and Heritage Centre in Plough Hill is still being looked at.

Two new stalls, selling handmade jewellery and cards and household items, will also feature on Caistor’s market days after gaining council approval.

But a third vendor, proposing to sell fast food, was rejected by members as they felt it was not in keeping with the town’s market.

Coun Alan Caine said: “I do not think it is right for Caistor, it has not got the quality and gravitas.”

The next Caistor Town Council meeting takes place on Thursday September 8.