Residents in Wragby are readying themselves for a battle against developers amidst rumours of a housing application being resubmitted.
Last year Bourn Homes applied for planning permission to build 42 homes on land off Bridle Way in the town, but the application was withdrawn following opposition.
There were concerns from residents that the site is at risk of flooding and that the town’s provisions would be stretched.
A resident previously in opposition to the plans contacted the News to say that a JCB had arrived on site to carry out an archaeological survey.
The initial application, submitted on May 1, 2013 received 21 objections, including a two-page petition against the plans, on East Lindsey District Council’s online planning portal.
It was withdrawn the following month pending investigations into draining and archaeology at the site.
The resident told the News: “This is not archaeological investigation as I know it, this is ‘lip service’ to the requirements of the local Environment Officer’s comments regarding the Roman finds which led to the withdrawal of the previous planning application.
“I know that a new planning application for this housing development will be submitted within weeks.”
They also said they believed one of the persons involved in excavations was employed by one of the applicants.
The News attempted to contact agent Peter Welch.