Both the church and the airfield were the focus of the memorial day to 300 Polish Squadron and 1667 Heavy Conversion Unit in Faldingworth last Saturday.
The church was packed for the Memorial Service, where the Lincoln Diocese Ladies’ Choir led the singing.
At the end of the service, the new Path of Friendship was dedicated by the Rev Canon John Patrick, Sub-Dean of Lincoln Cathedral and brother of Faldingworth Rector the Rev Charles Patrick.
Father Eddy Jarosz and the Rev Anne Coates also played a part in the service and at the Act of Remembrance, which followed on the airfield, wreaths were laid in memory of those lost during World War Two.
Faldingworth opened on July 27 1943, with 1667 HCU and on March 1, 1944, 300 Squadron arrived.
They had been the first Polish squadron to be formed in Britain and took part in all major operations of Bomber Command.
Many did not return from their missions and for those who did, a return to their homeland was near impossible.
Many went to Canada and the USA, but many more stayed in the UK, some settling locally.