Driver’s lucky escape after stone thrown by youths hits car and smashes windscreen
A DRIVER has escaped injury after a stone thrown by “reckless” youths hit his car as he was travelling on a motorway in the early hours of the morning.
The driver was on the M180 eastbound, near Star Carr Lane in Wrawby when a stone - which had been thrown from an overhead bridge – hit his silver Citroen Relay and smashed the windscreen.
Police believe the stone was thrown by two youths aged between 13 and 15 years – it happened at about 4.55am on Friday, August 10.
Humberside Police roads policing Insp Maxine Teasdale said: “This was an irresponsible act which caused substantial damage to a passing vehicle but which could have had much more serious consequences.
“The driver in this case fortunately was unhurt, but reckless actions of this nature when vehicles are travelling at speed could result in loss of life.
“Police regard such incidents with the utmost seriousness and investigations are under way to identify those responsible.”
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have any information about the incident. Call Humberside Police on 101 quoting crime number 1923353.
- Goodbye Michelle - one of UK’s youngest Alzheimer’s victims dies, aged 44
- BREAKING NEWS: HGV leaves the road on A15 near Caenby Corner
- Ashley’s ready for World Championship voyage
- Anger over plan to remove tree council says is a ‘risk’
- BREAKING NEWS: Lincolnshire plumber found guilty of carrying out illegal gas work which lead to explosion at Nettleton home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Market Rasen
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west