Chimney fire at house in Waddingham

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
0
Have your say

Firefighters have been called out to a chimney fire at a house in Waddingham on Saturday afternoon.

It happened at a house in The Green where a crew from Caistor was called to just after 5pm.

The crew used a water hose reel to deal with soot and debris that was alight.

Debbie Robinson, deputy community fire safety manager at Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said: “In order to keep you and your family safe from fire, you need to take necessary steps like making sure your chimney is swept regularly and having smoke and carbon monoxide alarms working in your home.

“All chimneys and flue-ways should be cleaned and checked to ensure they are free from debris and in full working order as blocked or defective chimney can cause both chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisonings.

“Therefore, it is very important to employ a professional, qualified chimney sweep.”