WI talk on make do and mend way of thinking
There were shades of wartime at North Kelsey WI as speakers Serena and Julie presented their talk - Take a piece of fabric.
The duo showed members how to make various items from scraps of material - everything hair slides to mobiles for babies.
The speakers judged the competition for a patchwork item and picked Sue Creasey’s work, which she had done six years ago.
The flower of the month was won by Jean Collins, with a purple borage flower.
As it was the harvest meeting, there was also a harvest stall and supper.
The members were also delighted to find that in the WI Big Walk, Little Splash competition, where the challenge was to walk or swim a total of 209 miles - the distance between Llanfairpg, home of the first WI in England and Wales, and the Olympic Stadium in London - they had accumulated a grand total of 419 miles - there and back.
Speaker at the November meeting, in the Community Hall at 7.15pm on November 14, will be Dave Bussey of Radio Lincolnshire fame.
- Goodbye Michelle - one of UK’s youngest Alzheimer’s victims dies, aged 44
- BREAKING NEWS: HGV leaves the road on A15 near Caenby Corner
- Ashley’s ready for World Championship voyage
- Anger over plan to remove tree council says is a ‘risk’
- BREAKING NEWS: Lincolnshire plumber found guilty of carrying out illegal gas work which lead to explosion at Nettleton home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Market Rasen
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west