Don’t be blue, hit the Hope!
AN award-winning roots, blues fusion band play at this Sunday’s blues session at The Hope Tavern in Holton le Moor.
Runners-up in the Best Acoustic Act category in this year’s British Blues awards, Babajack is an acoustic blues band from Malvern with a fast-growing reputation on the UK and European festival circuit born out of the energy and presence emanating from them in concert.
Becky Tate (African drum, cahon, stomp and vocals) was the winner in the Best Instrumentalist of the Year in the British Blues Awards and, along with Trevor Steger (acoustic/resonator/ winebox guitars and harmonica), forms the songwriting nucleus of the band.
Together with Marc Miletitchon on double bass, Babajack perform their own mix of blues, roots and folk with fantastic rhythm, passion and power.
The Tavern sessions starts at 4pm on Sunday, October 14, and the door charge is £7.
- Goodbye Michelle - one of UK’s youngest Alzheimer’s victims dies, aged 44
- BREAKING NEWS: HGV leaves the road on A15 near Caenby Corner
- Ashley’s ready for World Championship voyage
- Anger over plan to remove tree council says is a ‘risk’
- BREAKING NEWS: Lincolnshire plumber found guilty of carrying out illegal gas work which lead to explosion at Nettleton home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Market Rasen
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west