History and art join forces at Plank 2013
One of the town’s historic signs has been lovingly restored and is now on display as part of Plank 2013 - Market Rasen’s month-long art and craft festival.
Found in a skip sawn in half, the sign has been worked on by local painter Brian Oxborrow.
“It was in a fairly dilapidated state when it was found and has needed a lot of filling in places,” he said.
“Once that was done, it was a case of refreshing the paintwork.”
The sign belongs to Rase Heritage Society and chairman Hazel Barnard is delighted with the result.
“We are very grateful to Brian for doing this at no cost to the Society,” she said.
This sign is one of three that can be seen in the town - the others being in the Rase Heritage window display in Oxford Street and in the BIG Corner Shop.
The signs were used on the approach roads to the town until about five years ago.
And Brian was often called in to spruce them up when they were in use.
More of Brian’s talented artwork can be seen at Market Rasen station, where he has created a number of the window paintings.
- Goodbye Michelle - one of UK’s youngest Alzheimer’s victims dies, aged 44
- BREAKING NEWS: HGV leaves the road on A15 near Caenby Corner
- Ashley’s ready for World Championship voyage
- Anger over plan to remove tree council says is a ‘risk’
- BREAKING NEWS: Lincolnshire plumber found guilty of carrying out illegal gas work which lead to explosion at Nettleton home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Market Rasen
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west